Sunday, July 29, 2012

The story of J

Well, I'm back at my sign waving job which means I have stories to tell.
Yesterday the weirdest thing happened... A guy (probably around 19 or 20) came up to me and asked if I knew where to cash a check on a Saturday. Then he left. About half an hour later I went to take my break (sit in Burger King for 10 minutes and watch the news) and he saw me and ran up to me. This is how our conversation went. *We'll call him J*

"Hey! You know you are very lucky for 2 reasons."-J
"Oh really?"-A
"One-cause I'm flirting with you and two because I think you are beautiful."-J
"Well thanks..."-A
(He then follows me through the BK door and sits down at a table with me)
"Seriously, you should just quit your job and become a model."-J
"I'm a little short."-A
"All the tall ones are just stuck up. You seem more down to earth."-J
"Well...thanks."-A
"I mean it. You are like way out of their league. You are so pretty."-J
(I'm feeling awkward at this point so I just chuckle and look at the tv)
"You play any instruments?"-J
"Piano"-A
"No way! I play guitar. We should start a band, tour the world, and since you are that gorgeous, we can even have kids."-J (no joke. that is what he said.)
"Well darn, too bad I leave in a month."-A
"That gives us time."-J
(cue awkward chuckle again...)
"Listen, I'm having a get together tonight and since you are so pretty, you are invited."-J
"What are you doing?"-A
"It's a surprise until you get there."-J
"Well, I already have plans."-A
"Cancel them and come anyways."-J
"Yeah...well we'll see."-A
He then shakes my hand and says nice to meet me. Then grabs my hand again, kisses it...yes, he kissed my hand and said "you're beautiful! have a good day."

Ohh the people I meet on the street. Never a dull moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment