Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July! It's actually the 6th, but oh well. I'm a slacker. My 4th was pretty uneventful. We cooked out for lunch and I worked from 4:30-9:00. Only a few more days there...thank goodness. Although since I only work like 4 more times, I don't even really work. I just sit there and do whatever I want.
After work I went to watch some fireworks. We sat in a parking lot and tried to see the fireworks from the Coliseum. A cloud and some trees blocked about half the firework show. But as I looked around I saw so many friends and families gathered together, happy. That's what it's really about. The firework show isn't what the holiday is about. It's about family and friends and the freedom we have. And it's nights like that where I just breathe in deeply and love my life.
Last night, Me, Rachel, Ricky and Brandon drove up to Brandon's house and laid down on his roof and watched the stars and lightning. Just driving, jamming to music with the windows down and then laying there in the dark together all quiet with so much sky stretching out in front of us. It was perfect. I'm so grateful for my life. And I love summer (:

No comments:

Post a Comment