Monday, December 3, 2012

I lied...lots of awkward things happen to me.

Okay I like to think I can go days hours without something awkward happening. Oh silly expectations that I have...I just set myself up to fail. Today started out normal, not super weird, just the usual amount of weirdness. Like when I'm at work and I try to find my boss so I walk in the hall  which was filled with students for some meeting who all stop talking as I pass and watch me walk. Course I couldn't find my boss...so I ended up passing again and...again. But that was survivable.
The real story starts at Walmart. You know how you think that you always get the cart that makes the most noise? Well my roommate actually does. Every. Time. And I just find it hilarious. So we're finally done shopping and we are heading to the check out lines. We are just strolling along, behind two slow girls who are taking their time, as we are clunking (and yes I mean clunking. *cluuuuunk cluuuuuunk cluuuuuunk*) they slowly turn and look at us. Granted, we were walking slightly close to them and our cart was pretty loud so it may or may have sounded like a creepy pirate with a peg leg was following them. I laugh trying to help the situation..they gave me a slight smile and swerve down a different aisle.
We get to the check out line. First thing I notice? The man was wearing a santa hat, with the ball hanging directly in the middle of his face. The girl in front of us handed him a 5 dollar bill and let me just tell you how their conversation went:
"This is a 20 dollar bill."-man in hat at register
"It's a 5..."-girl that handed him a 5 dollar bill
"No, it's a 20. That is a 2 upside down, not a 5."
"Uh. Pretty sure that is a 5."
"Nope. Here's your change, 15 dollars."
Sooo essentially if I heard correctly that girl made money when she went to Walmart. What am I doing wrong here?
Then it's our turn...
"Hi how are you?"-hat man
"Good. You?"-Courtney
"I'd be better if I wasn't wearing this hat. Then again it's not as bad as that guy's (motions to guy a few rows over...that guy's hat was standing straight up) But he's like a peacock..very extravagant. *long pause* oh wait! Not extravagant in thaaaaat way but...extravagant. Like your outfit, it's extravagant. You've got style."-hat man
At this point Courtney and I are doing the awkward smile and nod...the awkward chuckle and shuffle, just trying to hurry up this much too painful process.
"Okay, I guess you have style too." says hat man looking at me. Oh thank you Mr. hat check out man. I am just soo flattered that you think I have style too. It's almost like I've been waiting my whole life to hear you tell me that.
"You see that girl on check out 5? With the red hair? You should go tell her that you like her hair. It will make her day, she did it herself. But will you tell her? No. Because you are cold hearted girls. Cold hearted."-Hat man
I know they say you can find some interesting people in Walmart (such as the boy who looked like he was 12 years old but he was married...is that legal?) but when you add me into the equation...it's just not good in any way. Except for maybe the funny stories that I get to share with my lovely blog followers. (Is anyone even still reading these silly ramblings? If so I applaud you and thank you and bow down to you, because you are a mighty being. So thanks. You are wonderful.)
And that is all. Goodnight y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment