Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Late night thoughts

It's crazy how easily and often something can remind you of something else. The associations and connections we make are amazing. Places. Songs. Movies. Quotes. Clothes. Food. Anything and everything.  For me it can be triggered by the smallest things.
I went to Utah this past weekend and I had so many different memories with someone and feelings for each room. It's crazy to think about the different circumstance I was in then compared to where I am now. What was so important at the time then seems insignificant now. Someone I cared about so much then I don't even speak to now.
Life is always changing and yet we're surrounded by these associations and memories that constantly remind us of the past and the memories we had.
The brain is a funny thing. Reminds you of a memory or a person. Plays with your emotions. Do the other people in your memories have the same memories and associations as you? How do you change that association and make that song or place or anything remind you of something new?
You can't help but be reminded and have the memory and emotions that come along with it.
It somehow feels almost out of your control.


Just something I've been thinking about. So there's your deep thoughts for Tuesday.
Goodnight y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment