Sunday, January 6, 2013

Happy Birthday Benny!

Warning:cheesy birthday post for a friend
If you don't know this said friend, you might not care.
If you do know this said friend, you still might not care.
You are still reading though...you have been warned.

I have a friend that I call Benny
Although that's not his name.
It all started with sledding
And then a simple game.
It progressed into endless talking
Band practices, yet never a show.
Constantly him mocking
The silly boys I've grown to know.
Seems like he's always there to comfort me
And even make me smile
When I fall for the ones I'm too blind to see
That leave me fighting him with my denial.
He listens to my drama, about both girls and boys.
No matter how silly it seems
He always answers with poise
While I always take them to a whole new extreme.
He came with us to prom one year
It could have quite terrible
But he was just so sweet and dear
He ended up making it quite bearable.
He visited me at work
And went with me for fro-yo
He said he liked me for my quirks
And taught me to go with the flow.
And so this is my blog for him
To say thank you for it all
My life without you could be real grim
Even if I hardly did anything with "y'all"
I just had to throw that in real quick
Since I know you love it so
I don't know how you can think it's sick.
Kinda how I feel about Mothman
And how you said his eyes glow.
I really should end this while I can
This is too long, so I should go
But I just want to thank you
For being the best neighbor I know :)

Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment