Monday, April 8, 2013

A little birthday post for my Mom

It's my wonderful Mom's birthday today! That's right ladies and gentleman, today is her day! Birthdays are usually a big deal to me, so if I was there I would try to make it special. I kinda hate not being there but oh well. We talked off and on all morning (she was so popular and kept getting other phone calls throughout our conversation) and then the siblings and I all 3 way (but with 5 people so I guess a 5 way?) called her! It worked out much better than any of us expected and it was surprising that we even were able to get in touch with all the siblings considering it was mid-afternoon and they all have lives. But it worked out and we sang happy birthday to her and it was great!
My Mom is the greatest. Not a day goes by that I don't think about her and how much I miss her. I also think every day how grateful I am that she was there to raise me and if I may say so, she did a pretty great job. Really though, she did such a great job of raising me right that sometimes I look at other people and I just feel bad for them that they didn't have my Mom around to help them learn how to act and think.
She has just the perfect amount of humor and seriousness. While knowing how to be clean, organized and ready for anything but still knowing how to have fun, when to be lazy and the knowledge that life doesn't always go as we plan. She is the perfect example to me.
So thank you Mom for everything! And Happy Birthday :)






No comments:

Post a Comment