Monday, April 1, 2013

April Fools!

As I've stated in earlier posts, I love holidays. This one is on the lower part of that list...but I do still like it. I've had some pretty hilarious memories with it that, while embarrassing, I still wouldn't trade for anything.
I grew up with 2 brothers in the home while I was still pretty young, so they got me plenty of times. The best one that we all still remember was when Kevin tricked me.
We always woke up early to read scriptures together as a family. So it's around 6 AM on April Fools. I'm not prepared for the day at all. I open my door to see a note that says something along the lines of "sorry I've  been teasing you lately," or something like that from Kevin with money attached to it. (in my head I remember it being a 20 dollar bill. In actuality it was probably more like a 1 dollar bill, maybe 5, but I was young so it seemed like a lot) Anyways, I reached down to get the money and letter (all happy and smiling in my half awake state) and the money pulls away from me right as I reach for it. I'm confused and I try again, and again...and shamefully...again. Until I notice my brother laughing in the bathroom across the hall pulling on the string attached to the money.
Embarrassing but hilarious.
And here we are now at the Festival of Colors we went to this weekend. But there will be a post on that later!
So Happy April Fools to everyone! I hope your day is fantastic! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment