Friday, February 24, 2012

Goodbye

Today I said goodbye to him. I went to the park we always went to and threw away the cup he wrote those three words on. I remembered what happened at each spot and then vowed to let it be the last time I thought about it for more than a few seconds.

Seems like every time I say goodbye to him it rains.
The first time I said goodbye to him was when we both left--me for school, him for the army. We were at our park and it rained.
The last time we said goodbye was at another park. He was going back to training and it was raining.
Today I was at the park without him to say goodbye to what was left of us.
It rained.

On the way home I saw a rainbow. That was always a special thing for us.
Today it felt like it helped complete my goodbye.
So, it's time to move on and not look back.
Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment