Sunday, June 3, 2012

My latest realization

I had a sudden realization the other day...I have had the most random jobs ever. Full of random things I had to know how to do. Let's start from the beginning...

14 years old I was at my first job making advent Christmas houses with my neighbor. It required super gluing small windows or knobs, rolling over paper to make the bricks, painting, hanging paper up ALL over the backyard and all that random stuff. 

15-18 years old I worked at Blue Moose Movies. Even the name is random. But it was awesome! It was a small little video store. It was cute and kinda cozy and I spent a lot of time there...even if I wasn't on the schedule. I worked with some of the COOLEST people ever and I loved it. I worked with one of my good friends Jonathan the whole time. I worked with Rachel and Megan for a little bit. And I became good friends with Stef. It was wonderful and full of A LOT of GREAT memories.

16 years old I also had another job at Juice Shop. Which with the way I talked, always sounded like I was saying "Jew Shop" and I always had to explain myself and talk slower. We made smoothies and it was delicious. I got to work with Amanda a lot and even Rachel some. (Yes, the same Rachel from Blue Moose...we were best friends...what can I say?) 

19 years old I worked at American Gold Companies...being a sign waver. Which I also always had to explain what that was. I danced on the corner of the street waving a sign around and dancing to music while wearing gold pants. Honestly, it was not as terrible as you think. I'm even hoping to go back. It was actually quite fun. I got to listen to music, I got a nice tan, I had some really funny stories about what people would say to me while walking or driving by and when I took breaks in Burger King everyone was super nice and some people even bought me lunch! 

And now still at 19 years old, I work at the Paint Shop on campus. I just touch up walls and paint around the inside of campus buildings. The people I work with are cool and the hours are relaxed and up to me with no set schedule. I even see people I know sometimes. It's pretty fun and relaxed and rumor is we are doing "shop shakes" this Friday and all making milkshakes. 

I've learned A LOT of random skills through these different jobs and yet, you never know when you'll need to use it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment