Friday, February 22, 2013

Valentines Day, awkward stories and other random tidbits


Hello all! I've been a little busy...okay that's a lie, unless you call watching Alias being busy. Okay so I also helped my brother with his business, celebrated Valentine's day with some wonderful people, went to Salt Lake and then watched Alias.
Let's start with Valentine's Day which was seriously one of my favorite ones yet. I helped my brother with his business and then was able to hang out with the lovely Laura and Jeff. They took me out to lunch, I helped Laura get her surprise ready for Jeff and then they even went to the basketball game with me where we almost lost our voices and it was awesome. It was a much better day than I was expecting considering everyone I know here had plans with their significant others. But they were so sweet to hang out with me and they never fail to make me laugh. Really. They are hilarious. And the most selfless people I know. They were even nice enough to offer to let me stay at their place since one of the people I stay with had bronchitis. So another big thank you shout out to them. (if reading this...hi guys!)
Then...there's the awkward stories. I had to survey some people on campus yesterday. There were plenty of uncomfortable experiences but there were 2 that really stood out. The first-I went up to an Asian girl to ask her the questions. I did my usual question and looked to see her just staring back at me. "No?" I asked and she continued to just stare at me with a blank face... apparently she didn't speak English. (the whole time I was thinking of the part in Pitch Perfect when Anna Kendrick says "just let me know where you are with English.") The second- I almost asked a blind guy if he had seen anyone wearing the tshirts. I almost asked a blind person if he had seen. Oh geez...
In the same day I also got recruited to work for a con business? They told me they sold bonds for cancer but really just used the money for school. I thought he was asking me out...but then it was actually a recruiting dinner? I still don't really understand what happened. I just won't be answering phone calls from any random numbers.

Other than that, life has been normal.
Oh I'm also learning this song on the guitar. It's currently one of my favorite songs. But my fingers are killing me.
And now I'll leave you with one of my favorite photos from Valentine's Day.
Happy Friday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment