Sunday, June 19, 2011

My dearest Daddy



Cliche to write about my Dad on Father's day?

Pretty sure everyone else that has a blog has done it too.

So, it's my turn (:

Kenneth Harvey Schmidt.

Also known as Pops, Daddio and Daddy.

Let's face it, our relationship is not perfect. In fact, today we had a huge misunderstanding which resulted in me crying my little eyes out for half the day. Yay.

But after all the fights and misunderstandings there are always the roadtrips, hiking, daddy daughter dates, beating my childish fears, wiping my silly tears, hugging me when he knows that's all I really need, letting me cuddle him when my Mom won't, doing puzzles together, taking me to concerts and sharing our love for music, sharing our love for books and our many, many discussions about Harry Potter and even our trip to Harry Potter World where he comforted me when I faced my fear of rollercoasters. I'll miss his stupid puns that he comes up with so quickly it's ridiculous. I may roll my eyes everytime but he knows I love it. Especially his joke about Denial and especially his joke about Mr. Mustard being on the table while playing Clue. I'll miss our roadtrips and our crazy car games. I'll miss stretching at rest stops along the road and our crazy videoblog ideas.

I'll miss his unconditional love for me and the rest of the family. I'll miss how much of dorks we both are. I'll miss cooking out and eating smores with him and how he can roast the perfect marshmellow. I'll miss how much he believes in the church and how much he loves teaching.

I love him so much. I think we're perfect for each other. We complete each other.

My weaknesses and strengths fit perfectly with his.

We're two puzzle pieces that fit together perfectly.

"EGG!"

No comments:

Post a Comment