Friday, May 20, 2011

:(

I hate hurting people. I feel like it's not my fault...I didn't mean to hurt him. But then I feel like it is my fault, like I should be able to fix it. Or fix me. I think something is wrong with me. I'm not always sure why I feel the way I feel or do or say the things I do and say. Let's just say, a great guy likes me. He's sweet and funny and fun to be around. He would be a great boyfriend or even just a summer fling. And yet, even though he's interested in me...I feel...nothing? Why?? I obviously know how great he is and he's done some crazy sweet things for me and yet I don't like him? I shouldn't have to force myself to like someone either. And even though this sounds like some stupid line (such as "it's not you, it's me" which I don't actually think is all that stupid...I mean I've used it before and it was the complete truth) but he really does deserve better than me. He deserves someone who likes him right away, who shouldn't have to think about it or force it. It should just already be there. Now I feel like I hurt this great guy. A great guy who still struggles to be great. He's been through plenty in his life and I can't just make a little part of his life better? I could've faked it. It wouldn't have been hard because I like hanging out with him and we're friends. But I didn't want to lead him on. I didn't want to get even farther into it and then break his heart even worse. I wanted to stop it before it started. But I still fear that I hurt him. He does deserve better. Not just a stupid line. I mean it. I said we can still be friends (another line...I guess I'm full of those) and I meant it. I don't want to not hang out or be friends. I hope we can still be okay. Cause he is a great guy...I'm just screwed up.
I guess the line works again in this situation...
It's not you, it's me.

No comments:

Post a Comment