Thursday, May 5, 2011

Jealousy

I feel like I should start this blog out with some cute "get to know me" kind of game. But, I'm not going to. So if that's what you are looking for, sorry to disappoint. I'm actually going to talk about that awful green monster everyone has (why is it green? I like the color green. I mean why can't the monster be black or some dark shade of red...wouldn't that make more sense anyways?) called jealousy.
I hate jealousy and it always seems that girls have it the worst. I guess guys either don't care or are so good at not feeling their own feelings that they just don't even know what's going on. But I wonder what makes us all so eager to be jealous? It creates such bad feelings between even the best of friends. I had this friend, I'd like to say we were good friends but we were constanly competing. When I found out I was moving we were nice and good friends again but even after I moved we still competed with eachother. I talked about how awesome people in NC are and she talked about all that I was missing. We even compared Christmas presents. I mean really, who cares? Anyways, we just found eachother again and updated eachother on our lives. As we talked I realized it sounded just like old times, always trying to one up eachother. But a new thought made me stop and re-evaluate myself. Was she actually trying to one up me? Or did I just completely misinterpret her updating me. I did ask about her life and she answered.
Maybe I'm the petty one. Maybe I'm the one with the big green (aka black) monster. She's not the only friend that jealousy has ruined for me, but what do the two situations have in common? Me. Maybe I'm the one that misinterprets things for showing off or bragging. This should probably be fixed...quickly. Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment